ownCloud can now a check off another box when it comes to industry type. Our latest customer to sign up with ownCloud is an international non-profit and we can’t be more excited! They were looking for a secure way to share files around the world, so of course they turned to ownCloud. And they’re already supporting thousands of users, and that’s just the beginning!
Due to the concerns around security risks of the cloud and the lack of control, this non-profit organization steered clear of cloud based providers and chose a solution closer to home. So although they’re original architecture was Windows-based, they set up a Linux instance in order to use ownCloud because “No other product approached things like ownCloud does.” Now that is dedication we appreciate!
Here’s just a few things that they plan to use ownCloud for:
- Ingesting video to the OpenText ECM
- Integrating a video transcoding app to upload, transcode and drop files back into an ownCloud folder
- Federating calendar capabilities for external access and sharing without Exchange or CalDAV
- Sharing web development assets among developers
- Integrating directly with Microsoft Office apps and other web collaboration tools
- Federating cloud sharing with like-minded organizations
To learn more about ownCloud was able to do for this non-profit, take a look at the case study.