ownCloud is an open source file sharing software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data and sovereign workspaces. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 100 million users worldwide, ownCloud is the market-leading open source software for content collaboration.
You will join the Professional Service Department and develop the infrastructure for a business hosting environment with our product(s).
You will strongly interact with our engineering department and help to define the future product features for Enterprise deployments with thousands of active users.
You are highly motivated, technically versed to understand development and deployment processes in teams. You can work with complex solutions from a backend perspective and create manageable, well documented modern platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan a scalable and maintainable hosting platform
- Create docker containers and virtual machine images
- Document and configure advanced network settings in diverse environments
- Automate, test and deploy
- Consult on cloud setups in various environments
- Work experiences in a relevant area, such as Cloud Hosting, SAAS/PAAS/IAAS or any relevant Enterprise technology industry
- Experience with production workloads in K8s, Operators and with infrastructure as code tools like Ansible, Puppet, Rancher, Terraform etc.
- Deep understanding of networking layers (HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, SSL, WebSockets, SSH, etc.), Linux administration, and Docker/containerized systems and VM techniques
- Excellent understanding of scale up and out concepts, including Microservices, optimization, maintenance and automation of systems and environments
- Experience in common scripting languages and console work
- Ensure the security of our systems and have an in-depth understanding of highly available, resilient system architecture
- Ability to handle pressure and meet the deadlines
- Committed and engaged individual who is able to balance her/his strong technical skills with appreciation of business processes, imperatives, and stakeholders
- Very good English language skills, German would be a plus
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities and demanding time frames
- Good verbal and written English, German a plus, any other Language welcome
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Location of Work
The position is located in our office in Nuremberg, Germany. Remote work is possible and promoted.
Culture of work
- As a remote-equal comany with distributed teams, we believe that not everyone’s most productive workspace is the office. You can work remotely. If you prefer to work in an office, we maintain ours in Nuremberg, Bavaria
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work and our role
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies, with great opportunities to move things forward. We build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards. Or, in the current environment, a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open-source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data. We are looking forward to getting to know you!
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.