ownCloud is an open-source file sharing software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data and sovereign workspaces. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 100 million users worldwide, ownCloud is the market-leading open-source software for content collaboration.
As a Community Manager (m/f/d) at ownCloud you will support our marketing team in spreading the word about ownCloud and help the community grow. We are looking for a versatile team player in part- or full-time with a fair amount of experience in B2B marketing, ideally with some experience in the software industry.
- You build and maintain our digital community. You comment and interact with our existing social media audience on a daily basis on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, StackOverflow, Reddit and Co. Thereby you support the international expansion of our communities
- You moderate and activate our communities and thus increase the user engagement on the channels
- You foster and analyze customer feedback and provide new ideas and feedback for our brand.
- You constantly analyze and optimize your measures and monitor your success through relevant KPIs
- You work closely together with our event management and content management to activate our existing and potential social media target group
- You liaise with development and sales departments and respond to our audience in general and customers in particular on public channels in a timely manner
Your core competencies
- You have proven work experience as a community manager or similar role (1-2 years) and hands on experience with social media management
- Experience in planning and leading community initiatives
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication skills, writing skills and interpersonal skills
- You are passionate about ownCloud – you are representing and talking to customers, prospects and our audience
- You love helping people and connecting people to solutions
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of IT, technology and open source
Culture of work
- As a remote-equal comany with distributed teams, we believe that not everyone’s most productive workspace is the office. You can work remotely. If you prefer to work in an office, we maintain ours in Nuremberg, Bavaria
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work and our role
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies, with great opportunities to move things forward. We build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards. Or, in the current environment, a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open-source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data. We are looking forward to getting to know you!
- Role: Community Manager (m/f/d)
- Type: Part- or full-time (20-40h)
- Location of work: Nuremberg, Germany or remote
- Department: Marketing
- Contact person: Franka Ellen Wittek,
- Please send us your CV including a link to your references
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.