As a Deployment Engineer at ownCloud, you will join our Professional Service Department and develop the infrastructure for a business hosting environment with our product(s).
You will regularly interact with our engineering department and help to define the future product features for Enterprise deployments with thousands of active users.
You are the right fit if: You are highly motivated, and technically versed to understand development and deployment processes in teams, can work with complex solutions from a backend perspective and create manageable, well-documented modern platforms.
- Plan a scalable and maintainable hosting platform
- Create docker containers and virtual machine images
- Document and configure advanced network settings in diverse environments
- Automate, test and deploy
- Consult on cloud setups in various environments
- Remote work in an open-source company
- Knowledge transfer with high-profile colleagues
- Hardware and software that fit your needs
- Chance to work on software that matters! For family, friends, customers and users world wide
Your skill set
- Work experience in a relevant area, such as Cloud Hosting, SAAS/PAAS/IAAS or any relevant Enterprise technology industry
- Experience with production workloads in K8s, Operators and with infrastructure as code tools like Ansible, Puppet, Rancher, Terraform is appreciated
- Deep understanding of networking layers (HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, SSL, WebSockets, SSH, etc.), Linux administration, and Docker/containerized systems and VM techniques
- Excellent understanding of scale up and out concepts, including Microservices, optimization, maintenance and automation of systems and environments
- Experience in common scripting languages and console work
- Ensure the security of our systems and have an in-depth understanding of highly available, resilient system architecture
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Commitment towards balancing strong technical skills with appreciation for business processes, imperatives, and stakeholders
- Fluency in English. German would be a plus.
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical representatives of our customers.
- Strong organizationsl skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities and demanding time frames.
- University degree (Bachelor or higher) in Computer Science or Information Technology (or similar) or comparable work experience
- As a company with distributed teams, our people work remotely or in our office in Nuremberg, Bavaria. Depending on the job, not everyone’s most productive workspace is in the office – only in rare, special occasions it’s necessary to be on-site.
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work.
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way.
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies with great opportunities to move things forward and build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change.
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards or for a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton.
- ownCloud is open-source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data.
ownCloud is the leading open source file collaboration software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 200 million users worldwide and growing, ownCloud is the market-leading open source software for content collaboration.
- Travel requirements: 4-8 weeks per year on customer site
- Type: Full-time (40 h)/ Permanent
- Location of work: Nuremberg or remote
Are you interested?
We look forward to getting to know you!
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.