ownCloud is the leading open source file collaboration software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 100 million users worldwide, ownCloud is the market-leading open-source software for content collaboration.
As an Inside Sales Representative (m/f/d) you have an important role in the sales process by working with the field sales organization, direct customers and channel partners to deliver world class sales support for ownCloud. We are looking for a versatile team player in full-time ideally with some experience in the software industry.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls and emails
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Track sales targets in collaboration with the overall sales organization, achieve quarterly quotas
- Suggest improvements in the sales administration process
- Liaise with marketing department to ensure consistent brand and customer experience
- 1+ years experience in inside sales function hunting new business
- 1+ years work experience in the IT industry is a plus
- Strong communications skills via Chat, Email and Phone
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Openeness to social selling and working with LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (English and German)
- Strong listening and presentation skills, proficient with web presentation tools
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Culture of work
- As a remote-equal company with distributed teams, we believe that not everyone’s most productive workspace is the office. You can work remotely. If you prefer to work in an office, we maintain ours in Nuremberg, Bavaria
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work and our role
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies, with great opportunities to move things forward. We build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards. Or, in the current environment, a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data!
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.