ownCloud is an open-source file collaboration software designed and built to give businesses and individuals sovereignty over their data. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 100 million users worldwide, ownCloud is the market-leading open-source software for content collaboration.
We are looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Junior Channel Sales Manager (m/f/d) with experience in the software industry.
As a Junior Channel Sales Manager at ownCloud you will be responsible for the execution of the channel strategy with selected channel partners, e.g. Distributors, System Integrators and Resellers. This includes definition and negotiation of joint business prepositions /objectives, development of joint Go2Market strategy as well control of execution to meet annual goals.
Furthermore, you will maintain and increase awareness and visibility of ownCloud in our partner’s solution portfolios for growing sales and further enhancing their marketing and technical capabilities. You will also position yourself as a trusted advisor with the partners for ensuring highest customer satisfaction with ownCloud products and related services. Your responsibility particularly covers achieving and exceeding sales and business development targets with your partners. Additionally, you drive collaboration with ownClouds inside sales, key accounting, product management, technical support teams, as a dedicated point of contact in respect to all channel partner related activities.
Essential requirements for this position:
- You demonstrate 2+ years of channel and or sales and business development experience
- Understand of software & markets, personas, especially in the context of open source software
- Knowledge of different business processes and the importance of IT in the economy, especially in the areas of innovative IT business
- High customer orientation
- Communication and presentation skills
- Team Player
- You demonstrate hands on mentality and solid business acumen combined with a secure under- standing of marketing- and financial concepts as well as economic analysis techniques
- Excellent English communicator (business fluent, C1), further language skills are a plus
To be successful in this role, you should also have the following skills:
- Confident and self organized working style with an open mindset and problemsolver mentality
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build effective partner relationships
- Solid/Strong communication and presentation skills
- Structured and independent, as well as strong problem solving skills and able to become familiar with new situations quickly
- To become a member of a highly motivated and innovative international team operating in a global environment
- Versatile, challenging tasks in a growing company with international reach
- The opportunity to contribute with your experience and expertise to scale the business
- An excellent working atmosphere with flat hierarchies and short decision makings
- An attractive salary package, excellent employee benefits and supplementary pension
- Flexible trust-based working hours
The position is either located in our office in Nuremberg, Germany or remote with regular presence in our Nuremberg office. This is a great opportunity to participate in changing the world of enterprise sync and share and collaboration.
- Role: Junior Channel Sales Manager (m/f/d)
- Type: Full-time (40h)
- Location of work: Nuremberg, Germany and remote
- Contact person: Joerg Eberwein
Or reach out to us for any questions upfront!
We look forward to getting to know you!
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.