As a Media Designer at ownCloud you will support our marketing team in spreading the word about ownCloud and help the community grow. We are looking for a versatile team player in part- or full-time with a fair amount of experience in B2B communications, ideally with some experience in the software industry.
- Your daily business consists of designing digital media such as display banners, moving posters, social media content, information graphics, interactive applications and advertising media
- You support the marketing team with layout design of our long term company appearance
- You support technical specialists in the ownCloud team to record and publish webinars, online presentations, explanatory videos and other interactive media formats
- You take part in conception and realization of marketing and communication concepts
Your core competencies
- You have successfully completed studies or training in communication, media or graphic design
- You are confident and routined in use of common graphics programs
- You have good knowledge of image retouching as well as webdesign and content marketing are a plus
- You have a high level of visual imagination and creativity, strong communication skills as well as high quality standards and initiative
- You abstract complex issues (technical and analytical), reduce interrelationships and present them in a visually appealing manner in a way that is appropriate to the target group and across all media
- Your written and spoken English and German is very good
Culture of work
- As a remote-equal comany with distributed teams, we believe that not everyone’s most productive workspace is the office. You can work remotely. If you prefer to work in an office, we maintain ours in Nuremberg, Bavaria
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work and our role
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies, with great opportunities to move things forward. We build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards. Or, in the current environment, a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open-source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data. We are looking forward to getting to know you!
- Role: Media Designer (m/f/d)
- Type: Part- or full-time (20-40h)
- Location of work: Nuremberg, Germany or remote
- Department: Marketing
- Contact person: Franka Ellen Wittek
- Please send us your CV including a link to your portfolio
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.