Pre Sales Consultant / Technical Sales Engineer
As a Pre Sales Consultant / Technical Sales Engineer at ownCloud you will work with our Account and Partner Management to identify business value and develop opportunities with customers all over the world. You will be the key player to make a difference in ambitious projects – very often we’re partnering with one and compete against another of the top IT vendors in the world. You have a passion for winning through technical excellence, you’re technically strong and capable of working independently / interacting with Customers and Partners directly. Experience in software pre sales role for large enterprise environments with common understanding of enterprise infrastructures is a must.
- Provide technical leadership and ensure best practices are followed in all areas affecting the sales cycle
- Supporting the team to identify customer needs
- Detailed product demonstrations to meet demanders requirements
- Provide a high level of technical guidance during all phases to the customer interaction
- Work on bid responses, RFP responses and proposals
- Contribute Key-account reviews and planning sessions to maintain highest customer loyalty
- Communicate and promote demanded features into Product Management
- Conduct technical webinars and workshops as well as presentations at conferences, trade shows and other major events
- Remote work in an open-source company, co-working options, head offices in Nuremberg
- Hard- and Software of your choice
- Chance to work on software that matters! For education and research, health case, defence industry, public sector and many more.
- 3+ years’ experience in technical consulting
- We appreciate some special knowledge in one of the areas: kubernetes, storage management, identity management, Microsoft Azure AD
- Good project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Managing Proof of Concepts, including both business and technical success criteria
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills – both written and verbal, including outstanding presentation skills
- Fluency in German and English, additionally French a big plus
- As a company with distributed teams, our people work remote or in our office in Nuremberg, Bavaria. Depending on the job, not everyone’s most productive workspace is in the office – only in rare, special occasions it‘s necessary to be on-site
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies with great opportunities to move things forward and build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards or for a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open-source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data.
ownCloud is the leading open source file collaboration software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 200 million users worldwide and growing, ownCloud is the market-leading open source software for content collaboration.
- Travel requirements: Up to 25% travel to customer or partner locations mainly in Central Europe, if projects require
- Type: Fulltime (40h) / Permanent
- Location of work: Nuremberg or remote in Germany
Are you interested?
Please send your resume and references to and tell us why you’d like to work for ownCloud! Please state your expectations regarding salary and your possible starting date.
For any questions feel free to contact Ines Stürzl, Phone: 0911-14888696.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.