ownCloud is the leading open source file collaboration software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 100 million users worldwide, ownCloud is the market-leading open-source software for content collaboration.
As a Pre Sales Consultant (m/f/d), you will work with ownCloud’s Account and Partner Management to identify business value and develop opportunities with customers all over the world. You will be the key player to make a difference in ambitious projects – very often we’re partnering with one and compete against another of the top IT vendors in the world. You have a passion for winning through technical excellence, you’re technically strong and capable of working independently / interacting with Customers and Partners directly. Experience in software pre sales role for large enterprise environments with common understanding of enterprise infrastructures is a must.
- Provide technical leadership plus coaching and ensure best practices are followed in all areas affecting the sales cycle and post-sale customer satisfaction
- Supporting the Sales team to identify the enterprise customer needs
- Deliver product demonstrations, meet with prospects to identify their requirements
- Provide a high level of technical guidance during all phases to the customer interaction
- Complete bid responses, RFP responses and proposals as required.
- Assist in account reviews and planning sessions to maintain highest customer loyalty
- Help drive key feature requirements into Product Management & Engineering
- Conduct technical webinars and workshops as well as presentations at conferences, trade shows and other major events
- Willing to increase knowhow across Cloud / Linux / Windows enterprise infrastructure components and software solutions administration
- Passion for building relationships and winning new customers
- 3+ years’ experience in (pre sales) technical consulting. Deep understanding of enterprise infrastructures and architectures
- We appreciate some special knowledge in one of the areas: virtualization, container & kubernetes, storage management, identity management, Microsoft Azure
- Good LAMP stack set-up and configuration as well as good project management skills and ability to work on multiple opportunities at the same time
- Managing Proof of Concepts, including both business and technical success criteria
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills – both written and verbal, including outstanding presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and tailor demonstrations and presentations to technical and business audiences from various levels of management, conveying passion and conviction
- Strong desire and ability to learn quickly and acquire new skills
- University degree (Bachelor or higher) in Economics, Computer Science or Information Technology (or similar)
- Fluency in German and English, additionally French a big plus
- Up to 50% travel to customer or partner locations mainly in Central Europe, if projects require (at the moment this is not the case)
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Location of Work: The position is located in our office in Nuremberg, Germany. Remote work possible.
Culture of work
- As a company with distributed teams, our people work remote or in our office in Nuremberg, Bavaria. Depending on the job, not everyone’s most productive workspace is in the office – in special occasions it‘s necessary to be on-site
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work and our role
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies, with great opportunities to move things forward. We build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards. Or, in the current environment, a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data!
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.