ownCloud is an open-source file sharing software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data and sovereign workspaces. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 100 million users worldwide, ownCloud is the market-leading open-source software for content collaboration. We are currently rewriting our backend server component in Golang and try to move our legacy APIs to next generation APIs using a protocol-driven development strategy – and are looking for a QA Engineer to support this effort.
As a QA engineer with the ownCloud Engineering team, you will help test and improve our open-source enterprise-grade file synchronization software.
Your responsibilities as QA engineer:
- Manual and automated testing of our product portfolio
- Create test plans during the development of new features
- Work in the code and improve the testing infrastructure
- Test our different client platforms against our server component
- Test our rewrite of the server component to confirm API parity
- Implement new testing strategies and ideas
- You have a degree in engineering or computer science or any other IT related education
- You have experience with automated and manual testing
- You are familiar with development patterns like TDD and BDD
- You have a profound knowledge in Docker and Linux and API Design
- You like to work with tools like Cucumber, Selenium, Squish, Appium, K6 for Performance Testing, Contract and API Testing, DroneCI
- You like to work in the code and improve the testing infrastructure
- You have a quality-oriented mindset and like to improve constantly
- You have worked in teams that delivered production grade software
- A long-term job in our modern open-source company with flat hierarchies, a very open atmosphere and an international culture.
- Great high-profile colleagues and a highly interesting technical area of distributed components coupled by HTTP protocols
- Exciting and diverse set of tasks within a small team that is part of a bigger engineering organization working on the same target
Culture of work:
- As a remote-equal company with distributed teams, we believe that not everyone’s most productive workspace is the office. You can work remotely. If you prefer to work in an office, we maintain ours in Nuremberg, Bavaria
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work and our role
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies, with great opportunities to move things forward. We build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards. Or, in the current environment, a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open-source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data!
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.