As an ownCloud Sales Engineer (m/f/d), working in a vibrant small but very successful company, you will assist both ownClouds internal Account Management team as well as partners in identifying business value and collaborating on revenue generating strategies and opportunities. As a secondary focus, you will participate on various projects to improve the overall sales process.
It is expected that this person is highly motivated, technically strong, and capable of working independently / interacting with Customers and Partners directly. Experience in presales role for large enterprise environments with common understanding of enterprise infrastructures is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership plus coaching and ensure best practices are followed in all areas affecting the sales cycle and post-sale customer satisfaction
- Technical support of the Sales team in identification the Enterprise customer needs
- Deliver product demonstrations, meet with prospects to identify their requirements
- Provide a high level of technical guidance during all phases to the customer interaction
- Complete bid responses, RFP responses and proposals as required.
- Assist in account reviews and planning sessions to maintain highest customer loyalty
- Help drive key feature requirements into Product Management & Engineering
- Conduct technical webinars and workshops as well as presentations at conferences, trade shows and other major events
- Willing to increase knowhow across Linux / Windows enterprise infrastructure components and software solutions administration
- 3+ years’ experience in (pre-sales) technical consulting
- Enterprise infrastructure architecture knowledge
- Good LAMP stack administration and configuration knowhow
- Windows Server administration experience
- Strong Project Management skills and proven multi-tasking abilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills – both written and verbal, including outstanding presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and tailor demonstrations and presentations to technical and business audiences from various levels of management, conveying passion and conviction
- Strong desire and ability to learn quickly and acquire new skills
- Outstanding teamwork and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in office suite
- Managing Proof of Concepts, including both business and technical success criteria
- Fluency in German and English
a big plus if additional experience with:
- LDAP / AD
- Authentication / Authorization
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent field of study
Language Requirements (preferred)
- Fluent English and German (reading, writing, speaking), any additional European Language a plus
- up to 50% travel to customer or partner locations mainly in the DACH region
Location of Work
At ownCloud GmbH, we live the concept of distributed teams with employees all over Europe. As such we provide the opportunity for applicants to work out of their home office. Alternatively, the company maintains offices in Nuernberg and Berlin in which we provide a free desk for applicants who prefer to work in an office environment.
This is a great opportunity to get in to ownCloud, and participate in changing the world of enterprise sync and share and more.
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.