You will join the Professional Service Department and make clients happy. As an ownCloud Support Engineer (m/f/d), you will be responsible for working directly with our customers to provide high quality technical support in all stages of ownCloud deployment. When not working directly with our customers, you may also work on documentation or programming tasks as appropriate. We are interested in candidates that have a creative problem solving streak, and who work well as part of a global team.
So if you have some passion for Support and getting things done you are perfect for this job and we are happy to work with you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of support issues with our customers and see them through to resolution
- Work with the Customer/Partner to identify the issue and provide supporting information
- Reproduce the issue in an ownCloud environment
- Work with the Engineering Team to reproduce the issue and resolve it
- Communicate with Customers throughout the process
- Resolving customer complaints without the need to escalate issues
- Document troubleshooting tips, FAQs and work arounds
- Serve as an expert on the practical installation of the ownCloud product as needed
- Be highly motivated and self-driven to do the right thing for the customer and ensure customer success and technical acceptance
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve integration and installation issues with Customers & Partners
- Identify and resolve bugs in the ownCloud product preventing Customer deployment or production
You are welcome with all kind of technical background like Fachinformatiker or some study in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent field of study.
You are welcome with all kind of experience. We would like if you already worked in support.
- Proven track record as a support engineer in enterprise software
- Demonstrated acumen working directly with technical customers to install, configure or troubleshoot customer issues remotely over the phone
- Experience with PHP in scalable production applications, and integrating PHP with MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle
- Self-motivated, self-starter, work well alone without constant supervision.
- German Level B1 and Englisch B1
Experience (preferred) with:
- Load balancers and webserver clusters
- Database administration and maintenance techniques
- NFS and SAN devices or other storage back ends
- Distributed, scalable file systems (glusterFS, GPFS,etc)
- Object stores
- Apache/webserver operations
- PKI experience
- Linux Operation Systems
- LDAP (Active Directory)
Location of Work
At ownCloud GmbH, we live the concept of distributed teams with employees all over Europe. As such we provide the opportunity for applicants to work out of their home office. Alternatively, the company maintains offices in Nuernberg and Berlin in which we provide a free desk for applicants who prefer to work in an office environment.
This is a great opportunity to get in to ownCloud, and participate in changing the world of enterprise sync and share and more.
We are looking forward to your resume, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’d like to work for ownCloud!
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.