ownCloud is an open-source file sharing software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data and sovereign workspaces. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 100 million users worldwide, ownCloud is the market-leading open-source software for content collaboration.
As a sysadmin, you will join our engineering team and take care of the maintenance, configuration and operation of computer systems and servers. You will participate, besides installing hardware and software, in research and development to continuously improve our technical set-up at ownCloud.
- Perform daily server administration tasks and continuously improve our existing infrastructure
- Monitor server health using preexisting management tools and respond to issues as they arise
- Interact with the support team and other departments to assist in troubleshooting, identify root causes, and provide technical support when needed
Your core competencies
- You have very good Linux knowledge
- You are familiar with configuration management systems such as Ansible
- You have experience with Docker and CI/CD environments
- You have basic programming skills in Python/Go/Bash
- You stay focused on solving problems even in stressful situations
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You are able to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- You have superhuman time management skills 🦾
Culture of work
As a remote-equal comany with distributed teams, we believe that not everyone’s most productive workspace is the office. You can work remotely. If you prefer to work in an office, we maintain ours in Nuremberg, Bavaria.
We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work and our role
We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies, with great opportunities to move things forward. We build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards. Or, in the current environment, a socially distanced beer online.
ownCloud is open-source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data. We are looking forward to getting to know you!
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.