As a Technical Account Manager at ownCloud, you will be a part of the Professional Service Department and will be responsible for leading and supporting large-scale projects with enterprise customers. You will interact with our larger customers, focusing on problem-solving and have strong communication skills to work with the team and partners. You enjoy switching between projects and tasks and learning new things on a daily basis. You have a strong technical background, are motivated, and have experience with development and deployment processes. You are comfortable working with software developers and are able to help them find a structured approach to satisfying customers with a high number of users and complex use cases. Additionally, you have experience with Confluence and Jira.
- You understand the scope of professional service integrations with ownCloud with enterprise level customers
- You will assist our customers in operating large installations
- You will document findings and issues in Confluence and Jira
- You will work closely with customers, our customer support team, team members from the professional services department and technology partners
- You keep an eye on controlling progress of projects and adjusting estimates and documentation of customer projects
- Remote work in an open-source company
- Knowledge transfer with great high profile colleagues
- Hard- and Software that fits your needs
- Chance to work on software that matters! For family, friends, customers and users world wide
- Extensive experience working with, managing and troubleshooting LAMP-Stacks
- Experience with Docker and Ansible
- Knowledge of Kubernetes (desirable but not essential)
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Working knowledge of database systems such as MySQL
- Knowledge of LAMP-Stacks in HA-environments (desirable but not essential)
- Understanding of networking and security best practices
- Experience deploying, configuring and maintaining servers
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Fluent in English and good practice in German (at least B1)
- As a company with distributed teams, our people work remote or in our office in Nuremberg, Bavaria. Depending on the job, not everyone’s most productive workspace is in the office – only in rare, special occasions it‘s necessary to be on-site
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies with great opportunities to move things forward and build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards or for a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open-source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data.
ownCloud is the leading open source file collaboration software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 200 million users worldwide and growing, ownCloud is the market-leading open source software for content collaboration.
- Travel requirements: up to 20% travel to customer or partner locations mainly in Central Europe, if projects require
- Type: Full (40 h)/ Permanent
- Location of work: Office Nuremberg or remote
Are you interested?
We look forward to getting to know you!
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.