ownCloud is the leading open-source file collaboration software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 100 million users worldwide, ownCloud is the market-leading open-source software for content collaboration.
You will join the Professional Service Department and will drive customer projects from the initial engagement to GO-Live. You will support or lead in different large-scale and ongoing projects with enterprise customers.
You like to interact with prospects and customers with a focus on problem solution have strong communication skills that you will use with the team and partners. You also like to switch projects and tasks and learn something new every day. You are highly motivated, technically versed to understand development and deployment processes. You can talk and handle software developers and support them to find a structured way to satisfy customers with thousands of users and highly volatile use cases. You are well experienced with Confluence and Jira.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the scope of professional service integrations with ownCloud with enterprise level customers
- Formulate project steps and necessities to successfully finish software integration projects of any size
- Fluent workflows in Confluence and Jira
- Communication between customers, team members and partners
- Controlling progress of projects and adjusting estimates and documentation of projects for customers
- Solid experience with Confluence and Jira tools
- Key account capabilites: communicate with Enterprise clients
- Technical understanding of servers, clients and networking infrastructure
- Strong communication skills and team lead abilities
- A big plus, if you have additional software development skills
- Basic PHP and web technologies
- Basic System administration on Linux systems
- University degree (Bachlor or higher) in Economics, Computer Science or Information Technology (or similar)
- Fluent in English and good practice in German (at least B1)
- Up to 20% travel to customer or partner locations mainly in Central Europe, if projects require
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Location of Work: The position is located in our office in Nuremberg, Germany. Remote work possible.
Culture of work
- As a company with distributed teams, our people work remote or in our office in Nuremberg, Bavaria. Depending on the job, not everyone’s most productive workspace is in the office – in special occasions it‘s necessary to be on-site
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work and our role
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies, with great opportunities to move things forward. We build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards. Or, in the current environment, a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data!
This is a great opportunity to get into ownCloud, and participate in changing the world of enterprise sync and share and collaboration. We are looking forward to getting to know you! Send your resume via email, and tell us why you’d like to work for ownCloud.
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.