ownCloud is an open-source file sharing software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data and sovereign workspaces. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 100 million users worldwide, ownCloud is the market-leading open-source software for content collaboration.
As a Technical Documentation Writer (m/f/d) at ownCloud you will support our product and engineering team in making ownCloud accessible to community and customers.
Your core competencies
Culture of work
- As a remote-equal comany with distributed teams, we believe that not everyone’s most productive workspace is the office. You can work remotely. If you prefer to work in an office, we maintain ours in Nuremberg, Bavaria
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work and our role
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies, with great opportunities to move things forward. We build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards. Or, in the current environment, a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data. We are looking forward to getting to know you!
- Role: Technical Documentation Writer (m/f/d)
- Type: Full-time (40h)
- Location of work: Nuremberg, Germany or remote
- Department: Engineering
- Contact person: Klaas Freitag
- Please send us your CV including a link to your references
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.