Contributing code to ownCloud helps both the project, as well as your coding skills. A pull request does not have to be perfect when you open it – but if you listen to feedback by our kind maintainers and improve it until they like it, you will learn a lot.
If you are interested, try one of these starting points:
- Learn to write ownCloud code (Try your hands on a Junior Job and see the project ideas page)
- Get a bug fixed (bugtracker documentation and general guidelines and setup)
- Develop your own ownCloud Server app (app development documentation)
- Improve the ownCloud Core (core development documentation)
- Build a desktop client (desktop client manual)
Talk to us on central! We look forward to your code and thoughts.
Please see our Contributor Agreement before you start hacking.
Docs & Guides
Admin, developer and user manuals, helpdesk and links to chats and forum.
Download ownCloud server or try ownCloud.online – our SaaS solution hosted in Germany.
Learn more about how ownCloud can boost productivity while keeping your data safe.