On September 10 and 11, we will have a track of presentations about all topics around ownCloud. This is a Call for Papers for your contribution to a great ownCloud community event.
This is about you, the ownCloud community! Please feel free to talk about your favourite app, ownCloud installation, best practices or a proposal for future architecture.
There will be three different formats in the tracks:
- 5 minutes lighning talks – this is the format to highlight a new idea, show something cool, bring up a new topic to discuss later
- 30 minute tech talks – if a topic needs a bit more time to explain or investigate, still a broader audience, some interactivity welcome.
- Workshops with flexible length – for hands on excercises, to share knowledge, learn, try things.
Presentations can address all different areas of ownCloud: First and foremost technical topics around code, but also contributions about the social aspects of the project, community affairs or just free software in general.
Here are some areas where we would particularly welcome contributions. This list is meant to serve as inspiration but does not limit the possible topics we accept:
- ownCloud core technologies on server and clients, such as file access, sharing, syncing
- Aspects of ownCloud as an application platform: best practices, APIs, fancy project ideas
- Scaling, deployment and updating: How do you grow big with ownCloud?
- Integrations: ownCloud as a good citizen in other environments, or vice versa
- Community: How to build a community around ownCloud
The audience will range from hobby code enthusiasts over many developers, designers and other creatives, to administrators, web activists and free software supporters, interested users, politicians and deciders.
There will be beginners, but also professionals. Even though the ownCloud conference is a community event with no commercial background, we also consider users of the commercial offerings around ownCloud as community members and welcome their experiences stemming from installations in companies, education organisations and at service providers.
Please help to make the ownCloud Conference 2016 a huge success and remember to post your proposal before August, 21th.
For general information about the conference, see the conference pages.