As not just the CEO, but as someone who proudly helps with the development of our Enterprise product, I am so pleased to unveil our latest baby. ownCloud Enterprise Edition 5 is our most secure, easy-to-use, easy-to-integrate and easy-to-extend ownCloud to-date.
ownCloud Enterprise Edition 5 builds on ownCloud Community Edition – released in March — with certification tests and new enterprise-focused features (below); making everything function together as an integrated unit. Finally, we package and test the installation and upgrade process so that by the time we release it, ownCloud Enterprise Edition is certified and ready for enterprise production environments. Our latest enterprise features include:
- Improved Active Directory (AD) and LDAP integration: Support for multiple LDAP and AD directories enhances authentication performance.
- AES encryption at rest: Files are now even more secure, with native at-rest encryption provided by ownCloud on whatever backend storage system the enterprise chooses.
- Provisioning API: User provisioning can now be integrated into existing data center automation tools.
- Enhanced external storage app: Integrate existing file stores because ownCloud provides a single interface for user access to all of their documents.
- Home directory integration: Integrate ownCloud with existing user home directories via CIFS or NFS, making sync and share a seamless extension of existing user storage.
- Deleted Files: Restore deleted files and folders without the intervention of the administrator.
- Anonymous Upload: Collaboration with partners and contractors is now much easier, and can be managed, fully logged and audited by IT.
- Interface: Manage files and accounts in a simplified interface, for better account identification, and a simplified plug-in application settings panel.
Only ownCloud gives you the ability to integrate file sync and share capabilities into existing user directories, governance processes, security, monitoring, storage and back-up tools. And because ownCloud is open source and open by nature, plug-in apps extend ownCloud out of the box, enabling file versioning, file sharing, external file system mounts and much more.
ownCloud Enterprise Edition 5 will be available early next month, but you can try out an ownCloud Enterprise 5 Appliance now.