The community and our developers are working hard to improve ownCloud every day. This small post shall notify you of the biggest changes:
- We worked around rate limit issues from the Google Drive API – they accept only limited requests per minute to avoid API DOS, so we had to slow down our requests. This improves stability and performance of GDrive external storage.
- To improve performance, we solved some performance problems, for example
- LDAP quota behavior inconsistencies
- useless database queries when using LDAP
- And for the crypto enthusiasts, link shares now work correctly when using master key encryption.
Of course not only Version 9.1 got a new number at the end – the changes also went into 2 of the older Versions, so you can now upgrade also to the new versions 9.0.9 and 8.2.11. You should note though, that 8.2 reaches end of life at the end of May – you should begin planning an upgrade to a newer version of ownCloud.
Thank you all for your contribution! You make ownCloud better every single day.
For the full changelog, visit the central.