What is eM Client?
eM Client integrates email, calendars, tasks, contacts, notes, and chat in a clean and simple desktop app.
eM Client is the only email app on the market with instant message translation and handy features such as Snooze, Watch for Replies, All Attachments view, or easy to use tools for enforcing a company-wide email encryption policy (PGP and S/MIME). Now, eM Client can also be integrated with your ownCloud storage.
Increase your productivity with eM Client and ownCloud
No more local attachments
- Use your ownCloud storage with eM Client
- Simply attach your files as cloud storage links instead of adding physical attachments to your emails
- The maximum file size is limited only by the capacity of your cloud storage
Full control over your files
- Upload attachments from eM Client directly to ownCloud
- In eM Client, the cloud attachments are listed as normal attachments (when sending and receiving files)
- Full access control (read / edit)
- Add password protection to your files
- Set an expiration date for your files
How to get started?
1. If the ownCloud desktop client is already installed, eM Client will detect it automatically. Also, if the desktop client is installed and you drag & drop or choose a file from an ownCloud folder, you will be asked about connecting your ownCloud storage to eM Client.
2. If the desktop client is not installed, it must be added manually. Go to Settings > Mail > Attachments and click the Add button to add ownCloud.
3. Upon attaching files from the ownCloud storage for the very first time, you will be prompted to enter your ownCloud credentials.