Technology Partnership with Kaspersky
Kaspersky and ownCloud are working together for bringing the value of enterprise-grade virus protection to ownCloud customers. Kaspersky and ownCloud are teaming up to integrating the latest Kaspersky Scan Engines with ownCloud based on the ICAP Standard, enabling ownCloud customers to virus-scan any files/data before it gets stored into ownCloud – thus protecting the integrity of their data.
Kaspersky Scan Engine
Kaspersky Scan Engine is a server-side security solution that provides anti-virus protection, HTTP traffic scanning, and file and URL reputation checking for third parties’ client-side solutions.
Kaspersky Scan Engine delivers comprehensive protection from malware, trojans, worms, rootkits, spyware, and adware for a wide range of devices. It can be used with various products and services including desktop applications, server solutions, proxy servers, and mail gateways.
Kaspersky Scan Engine employs all the newest methods of detection and removing various types of malware.
Key functions of Kaspersky Scan Engine
Kaspersky Scan Engine can work in one of two modes:
- REST-like service that receives HTTP requests from client applications, scans objects passed in these requests, and sends back HTTP responses with scan results.
- ICAP server that scans HTTP traffic that passes through a proxy server and URLs that are requested by users and filters out web page that contain malicious content.
Kaspersky Scan Engine also includes a graphical user interface that allows you to easily configure the product behavior, review its service events, and scan results.
- Protection of data repositories and workflow systems from malware.
- Scanning of files uploaded by the end-users to the customer’s web portal. KSE enables the embedding of uploads scanning procedure into any segment of the chain of files delivery from the end-users to the customer.
- Automated users’ file scanning via ICAP protocol. Both the files and the links the users try to access are scanned.
- Deployment of a local web service for scanning of files and links. Objects scanning doesn’t require the presence of a client on the endpoints.
- Integration with any third party object scanning applications.
Kaspersky is a global cybersecurity company founded in 1997. Kaspersky’s deep threat intelligence and security expertise is constantly transforming into innovative security solutions and services to protect businesses, critical infrastructure, governments and consumers around the globe. The company’s comprehensive security portfolio includes leading endpoint protection and a number of specialized security solutions and services to fight sophisticated and evolving digital threats. Over 400 million users are protected by Kaspersky technologies and we help 250,000 corporate clients protect what matters most to them. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com.