Cambridge, United Kingdom – May 4, 2017 – Collabora Productivity, the driving force behind putting LibreOffice in the Cloud, is pleased to announce a new major release of its flagship enterprise-ready cloud document suite – Collabora Online 2.1, including many new features and improvements.
Collabora Online is a powerful LibreOffice-based online office suite allowing you to access document editing through your web browser. It is interoperable with all major document, spreadsheet and presentation file formats, and easy to integrate into your infrastructure, allowing you to keep in full control of your own data; on-premise or in the cloud.
What’s new in Collabora Online 2.1?
Collabora Online 2.1 has many improvements under the hood and lots of new features that make the collaborative editing experience even better. When combined with one of our many partners solutions Collabora Online is an excellent choice for enterprises wanting a powerful office suite for confidential documents on-premise or for Hosting and Cloud businesses who wish to include online Office Suite functionality into their service offering.
“Months of hard work from the Collabora team has made this release really impressive”, said Michael Meeks, General Manager of Collabora Productivity. “The list of improvements and new features show that Collabora Online is going to be the best online office suite out there.”
Highlights of the changes since Collabora Online 2.0:
- Based on the recently released enterprise-hardened Collabora Office 5.3
- improved interoperability, file-filters and feature-set
- improved anti-aliased rendering and performance
- Scalability improvements
- reduced memory consumption
- reduced CPU usage, with increased responsiveness
- bandwidth reduction by avoiding redundant tile updates
- improved buffering, queueing and traffic management
- Updated localizations
- Features, including:
- Improved comment rendering as a native overlay
- Change tracking – turn change tracking on or off, and accept, reject or add comments to red-line document changes
- Rendering much larger spreadsheets of up-to half a million rows
- Formatting, and decimal separator support by locale in spreadsheets
- New responsive design, including a minimized UI when in read-only mode
- New Insert Special Characters dialog
- Pivot table refresh
- Non-printing character rendering option
- Initial Input Method support for Asian languages
Getting Collabora Online
Collabora Online is suitable for large scale deployment, comes with an SLA, Long Term Support with signed security updates and implements collaborative editing of richly formatted documents directly from a web browser.
Enterprises interested in using Collabora Online can check out the home page for more information on integrations with ownCloud and online demos. For tailored solutions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hosting and Cloud businesses that wish to add Collabora Online to their product portfolio can become a partner by filling in the partner form or contacting email@example.com.
You can get an online demo of Collabora Online and try it out yourself right now!
Check out our joint webinar on June 7 to learn more about Collabora 2.1 with ownCloud: https://oc.owncloud.com/Register-Collabora-ownCloud-Webinar-7Jun17.html