ONLYOFFICE and ownCloud are offering a joint solution. The ONLYOFFICE integration enables access and collaborative editing of Microsoft Office file formats from the ownCloud frontend in real time. ONLYOFFICE gives ownCloud users another reliable and user-friendly way to collaboratively edit documents. ONLYOFFICE is a powerful online editor for text documents, spreadsheets or presentations and is compatible with all MS Office files.
Increase productivity while staying in full control of sensitive corporate data.
Users can access their office documents within the ownCloud web front in real time, author new content, share their work and collaboratively work on the same document with others, all while others can see changes in real time and take over editing. No longer are users plagued with version conflicts that could occur while working independently on documents.
ONLYOFFICE provides enterprises with a scalable, commercially supported version with Long Term Support, signed security updates and a SLA.
Benefits – core functions:
- By supporting all current MS Office formats, following file types can be collaboratively processed in ownCloud: docx, xlsx, pptx, txt files
- Files can be saved in multiple formats: docx,odt, rtf, txt, pdf, html, pptx, odp, xlsx, csv, ods
- Users can add links, tables and graphics, insert diagrams, AutoShapes, mathematical formulas, font decoration, edit headers and footers, create style sheets, change the design of the whole document with two mouse clicks and much more.
- Users can switch into “Semi-Formal” mode to instantly see their co-author’s changes or go to “Formal” mode to work on the document without being distracted by others.
- There are several communication features to further improve productivity: review, comment and live chat. Users can let their teammates review the document to correct misprints and suggest ideas without changing the text itself. Use the “Comment” option to leave funny text comments or discuss them using a built-in live chat.
Some Key Features
- Create, view and edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Collaborative editing – share and edit files in real time
- Define Access Rights: Full Access; Read Only; Review, Deny Access
- Insert comments, reply to comments
- Track changes, accept/reject changes;
- Preservation of layout and formatting of documents
- File revision history
- Full screen presentation
- Support for any modern web browser
- Auto Saving
- Undo Option
- GDPR compliant
- JSON Web Token
- Configurable Cache Lifetime
Two possibilities of Installation
1) Installation ONLYOFFICE connector for ownCloud
- Install ONLYOFFICE Document Server (DEB, RPM, Docker)
- Install ONLYOFFICE integration app for ownCloud from the in-built application market
(manual installation by the administrator)
2) ownCloud has been integrated into an appliance by ONLYOFFICE which is available in the App-Center of our partner Univention.* View this Video to see how to install.
*Please be aware, that for productive usage you need valid subscriptions. For further information please contact us.
- Video: How to integrate ONLYOFFICE Document Server with ownCloud
- Video: ownCloud Server and OnlyOffice Installation with the Univention Appliance
- A brief overview of ONLYOFFICE connector for ownCloud
- Further information about ONLYOFFICE Online Editors
- Comparison of ONLYOFFICE Online Editors to several others
- Interview Video Galina Godukhina, Commercial Director of ONLYOFFICE and Jörg Eberwein, Head Partner & Alliances at ownCloud.
Pricing starts at 935 EUR / 1.100 USD for 50 connections per year in addition to an ownCloud Enterprise or ownCloud Standard Subscription. If you have additional questions before submitting your completed form, please contact us at https://owncloud.com/contact/ or firstname.lastname@example.orgOrder now
Please fill out the form below to get your download.
By submitting this form, you are granting ownCloud GmbH permission to contact you. You can revoke permission any time using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email or by sending an email to email@example.com