ownCloud is an open-source file collaboration software designed and built to give businesses and individuals sovereignty over their data. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 100 million users worldwide, ownCloud is the market-leading open-source software for content collaboration.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated frontend developer who joins our engineering team to work on our enterprise grade file synchronization software. We are currently developing a new web frontend as a single page vue.js application, including an extension system for custom apps with dedicated functionalities.
This is the work we need your help with:
- Design and review new solution concepts to build a great web experience with ownCloud
- Code new features, improve existing ones and fix bugs in the current code
- Support the testing strategy with implementation of tests on various levels
- Be involved in software review processes in our modern git based development workflow
- Participate in the software lifecycle with testing, releasing and maintaining software
Show us what you’ve got:
- You have a degree in engineering or computer science or any other IT related education
- More advantages then could be basic knowledge in unit testing with jest, typescript, vuex, accessibility and webpack or rollup
- You have worked in teams that delivered production grade software
- You are familiar with fronted design and usability best practises
- You like to work in teams, work in modern workflows and can communicate in English
- You are experienced with open-source projects or would like to join an open-source community
- A long term job in our modern open-source company with flat hierarchies, a very open atmosphere and an international culture
- Great high profile colleagues and a highly interesting technical area of distributed components coupled by http protocols
- Exciting and diversified tasks within a small team that is part of a bigger engineering organization working on the same target
Culture of work:
- As a company with distributed teams, our people work remote or in our office in Nuremberg, Bavaria. Depending on the job, not everyone’s most productive workspace is in the office – in special occasions it‘s necessary to be on-site
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work and our role
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies, with great opportunities to move things forward. We build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards. Or, in the current environment, a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open source and community-driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data. We are looking forward to getting to know you!
- Role: Frontend Developer (m/f/d)
- Type: Full-time (40h)
- Location of work: Nuremberg, Germany or remote
- Department: Engineering
- Contact person: Michael Barz
- Please send us your CV including a link to your references
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.