As a Technical Writer at ownCloud you will support our Documentation Team which is part of the Engineering Team. We are looking for a versatile team player with a fair amount of experience in creating documentation about our software ownCloud, targeting users and more experienced technical staff such as administrators and DevOps Engineers.
- Create and maintain different types of documentation about our product ownCloud with a focus on users and technical staff.
- Help to maintain the documentation infrastructure to produce high quality online- and print documentation.
- You will work closely with Product Management and the engineers to produce technically correct documentation that helps users on various levels to achieve their target.
- You keep an eye on the ownCloud open source community to work closely with the contributors providing feedback.
- You help managing our community driven internationalization efforts.
- Remote work in an open-source company, co-working options, head offices in Nuremberg
- Hard- and Software of your choice
- Chance to work on software that matters! For education and research, health care, defense industry, the public sector and many more.
- +2 years of experience in technical documentation in the IT business.
- Robust knowledge of creation of user documentation for enterprise products.
- Excellent skills in English as that is the main language of our product and documentation.
- Base knowledge of the open source eco system.
- Base knowledge of open source documentation systems, for example Antora.
- An open minded personality with excellent prioritization, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- As a company with distributed teams, our people work remote or in our office in Nuremberg, Bavaria. Depending on the job, not everyone’s most productive workspace is in the office – only in rare, special occasions it‘s necessary to be on-site
- We are hackers, coders and nerds. We have a contagious passion and inner enthusiasm for our work
- We are constantly on the hunt for new solutions, unexpected connections and unforeseen possibilities. We are open to new experiences, explore new ideas and uncover even the last hack and trick along the way
- We believe that we are only as good as our next project. We encourage a culture of flat hierarchies with great opportunities to move things forward and build on flexibility and a sense of openness to change
- Being part of the ownCloud team is like joining a tribe. Meet us occasionally after work for a burger or billards or for a socially distanced beer in BigBlueButton
- ownCloud is open-source and community driven. It’s the people who make this place to what it is. Join our quest to give businesses and individuals control over their data.
ownCloud is the leading open source file collaboration software designed and built to give businesses and individuals control over their data. With a team of more than 70 people, we develop the ownCloud server, the sync clients, our mobile apps and the web interface to enable secure and effective file collaboration across companies, organizations, administrations, institutions and families. We also implement customized solutions for enterprises and directly manage and maintain ownCloud instances. With over 200 million users worldwide and growing, ownCloud is the market-leading open source software for content collaboration.
- Type: Fulltime (40h) / Permanent
- Location of work: Nuremberg or remote in Germany
Are you interested?
For any questions feel free to contact Ines Stürzl, Phone: 0911-14888696.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Founded in 2011 we are looking back at nearly ten years full of exiting stories. Learn more about ownCloud as a company, our origins and the milestones along the way.
Besides our core team, ownCloud is supported by a community of more than 1,300 enthusiasts. To find out how you can get involved as well, click here.