Secure file sharing and content collaboration
ownCloud enables users to collaborate while retaining digital sovereignty, empowering them to easily edit, share, and access files regardless of device or location. Tailored open-source solutions like ownCloud prevent backdoors or vendor lock-in.
Easy to use
Our intuitive design and consumer-grade ease of use let users start right away, on any device.
Once set up, users can collaborate and create groups with no additional admin effort.
Students’ data are sensitive data. ownCloud is compliant with regulations such as GDPR.
Distance learning presents new challenges
Like numerous other workplaces, educational institutions around the world are facing many challenges in distance and hybrid learning environments, whether primary, secondary or post-secondary, whether vocational or academic. ownCloud helps bridge the technology gap by providing an open and secure file collaboration platform, fit for the needs of education providers.
ownCloud is easy
When it comes to learning and teaching, working together seamlessly is key. ownCloud can be deployed either on-premises, on managed servers or as a hybrid solution. It delivers the ease-of-use of consumer-grade cloud solutions, just more secure. Teachers and students can start directly without further training thanks to our easy-to-use interface and seamless adoption of existing user groups.
Our Edu Cloud is an innovative inclusive digital learning product that works across all devices and operating systems. This is why ownCloud is the file platform of choice for many universities around the world.
ownCloud is secure
A cloud for education should not create security issues. ownCloud conforms to the highest security standards to keep valuable research and sensitive student data safe. The ownCloud open-source collaboration platform enables sovereign workspaces for students and faculty that help to avoid shadow IT and meet even the toughest regulations.
Collaboration in education is part of the ownCloud DNA. Users can start right away without installing any further software. Universities and research institutions around the globe trust ownCloud to make large amounts of files of unlimited size accessible to large amounts of users – starting from 1.85€ per user per year.
Starting from 1.85 € per user per year
We are offering special prices for educational institutions. Contact us for more information.
Provide efficient file collaboration
- Ensure trustworthy academic workspace through access logs
- Enable effortless collaboration in education
- Strengthen ties between students and teachers outside the classroom
- Let teachers assign lessons as files
- Let students upload their homework using a file drop folder
Reduce admin effort
- Handle large amounts of data with low maintenance
- Low effort onboarding with single sign-on using existing Identity Providers
- Let teachers create Custom Groups without involving admins
- Scale class size on demand
- Optionally create Guest User accounts for students (they don’t require a license)
- Scale easily from 10 students to 10,000
- Integrate third-party apps
Works on any device
- Give students from any background equal opportunities to succeed
- Create an inclusive learning environment on any device
- Make remote learning easier
- Expand the audience for your educational offerings
To get to grips with remote education fast, Schools should draw on solutions that are already working. Existing open-source platforms offer proven performance and functionality. They also have a track record of evolving to meet changing requirements.
Our latest insights on education
Call it virtual classroom, remote education or distance learning – if you want to teach partly or completely remote, you’ll need the right tools. We recommend three helpful open-source platforms that can help educators avoid high costs, data privacy nightmares and vendor lock-ins.
ownCloud.online for the education sector allows teachers to safely distribute files as links with passwords and expiry dates, integrated office functionality lets students collaborate in real time. It’s hosted (certified secure) so schools don’t need it staff.
ownCloud partners with Up2U, GÉANT, CERN and many more to provide cloud solution for European schools.
Educational institutions around the world trust ownCloud
Schedule a demo
Experience ownCloud in action and ask our experienced presales team any question for your proof of concept.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Non-binding demo
- Presales contact to resolve technical questions
- For on-premises or managed service
- Education tiers from 50 users
- No-risk 30-day free trial