Infinite Scale – Functions and Features
Infinite Scale is a complete modernization of ownCloud 10 with a new and modern 3-tier architecture and many improvements for users and administrators. It’s compatible with ownCloud 10, shares its core features and adds both speed, efficiency, scalability and extended functionality. As a multi-cloud and multi-purpose platform, it helps companies and organizations control, manage and secure data. On top of that, the new version also brings lots of usability improvements in link and file sharing and allows working in Spaces – a completely new collaboration concept for productively and person-independent working of with files.
Improve your Workflows and Collaboration with Spaces
Spaces as one elementary feature of Infinite Scale will boost your collaboration, save money and significantly reduce administrative overhead while improving compliance, control and security. Spaces are as simple as folders, but extremely powerful and flexible data rooms (vaults) for project and team collaboration. In Spaces, your files are not tied to single user or group accounts anymore. Spaces will significantly reduce the workload of your administrators, increase the performance and continuity of your teams and speed up the onboarding of new employees or partners, both internal and external. At the same time Spaces can simplify your data store, help protect your company, organization or institution from data loss and increase your compliance, workflows and many more. This fundamental shift of paradigm only becomes possible because of the completely new architecture under the hood of Infinite Scale.
Increase Efficiency, Usability and Reduce Cost
As its name says, Infinite Scale brings flexibility in classical or federated network setups to new levels, allowing infinite scalability, integrating data fabrics, networks and clouds of all sizes. The new cloud-native approach with Go, Microservices and a new vue.js webinterface helps reduce cost for both deployment and maintenance, while at the same time allowing the integration of any kind of data sources of any size and distribution. Users enjoy concepts like spaces for sharing data and collaboration in new and visionary ways, while always being in full control over links and files they share and shared, both in on-premises, hybrid or public cloud scenarios.
A Focus on Users and Metadata
With Infinite Scale, the consumer is taking over the central role – which is exactly what Infinite Scale is addressing. As a cloud-native platform, its modern architecture serves this new data consumption model by providing Data Management as a Service (DMaaS) with a unified access to data through APIs across all your data silos, with multiple, individual storage backends if needed. Infinite Scale is designed to connect these storage backends and provides a unifi ed data access layer on top of the storage. This allows to consolidate any existing data (silos) sources, thus securing customers previously made investments into data repositories.
Key Values of Infinite Scale
Infinite Scale is flexible, transparent, fast, enterprise grade and easy to use. As the number one plattform for secure file and collaboration sharing, it …
- Gives your users a modern and fast interface to work with Unified Data Access across all your silos.
- Allows advanced collaboration thanks to new features like Spaces. Your users can keep working in and with the Office files they are used to and benefit from deep integration with advanced features for sharing and linking to files.
- Gives your users three web office integrations to choose from (Collabora Online / OnlyOffice / MS Office Online).
- Integrates with common digital workplace collaboration tools from groupware to workstream collaboration, including e.g. MS Exchange or Teams.
- Supports native ownCloud clients for desktop and mobile.
- Increases your data security: Infinte Scale has precise roles, version control
and a trashbin securing access and integrity of your data and with automatic,
asynchronous security checks (for viruses and other security policies). Your users can work more secure and compliant without even noticing.
- Allows auditing, branding and individual extensions.
- Works seamlessly with encrypted storages.
- Is perfect for environments with strong requirements in terms of compliance or security (in industry, research, critical infrastructure and wherever data privacy is involved), because rules and actions can
be inforced on the data layer, without user involvement.
- Is designed to connect multiple storage backends and provide a unified data access layer on top of the storage.
- Brings frameworks for event management, logging, monitoring, reporting and more.
- Manages your users, single-sign-on with full and native Open ID Connect (OIDC) integration.
- Brings a new role and permissions system for users that allows to differentiate users with different kinds of administrative roles or different kinds of regular users (guest, project lead, etc.).
Get a non-binding offer for ownCloud Infinite Scale
* Mandatory field
By submitting this form I agree that I want to to receive notifications and services via email, phone or personalized ads. Therefore, I agree, that ownCloud stores and uses my contact data for further information and in order to optimize and adapt the offer to my individual interests. I can revoke my consent for the future at any time, either directly via the link in emails or by email to . For further information please also see the Privacy Statement.
Infinite Scale is what you need because it is
- Energy Efficient
- Enterprise Grade and
- bringing you new and visionary methods
of collaboration and file sharing.
Latest News on Infinite Scale
ownCloud Infinite Scale is now released for general availability. Infinite Scale is a complete modernization of ownCloud 10 with a new and modern 3-tier architecture, which promises improved workflows and collaboration, optimized usability and lower costs.
Senior Product Manager Patrick Maier explains how Spaces comes as nothing less than a revolutionary new way of collaboration in modern companies, institutions or organizations. As an elementary feature of ownCloud Infinite Scale, the new cloud-native platform from ownCloud, Spaces boost collaboration, save money and significantly reduce administrative overhead while improving compliance, control and security.
Klaas Freitag, CTO, ownCloud, discusses the release of ownCloud Infinite Scale stable version for general availability.
Infinite Scale is a multi-purpose Data Platform with a focus on performance, scalability, security and governance. It helps organizations to bring data under control while significantly reducing complexity and cost to manage data.
Whether SME, large company, association or educational institution: digital collaboration poses new challenges, especially in remote teams. Spaces significantly simplifies digital collaboration with a revolutionary technical approach and optimized user experience.
We recently released the beta for Infinite Scale. And, there’s more: The alpha releases of the desktop clients and the iOS client.
Check our documentation for all details regarding our features and the technology behind.
Want to get started right away? Here is your way to go in just a few steps.
See the latest releases at a glance. Stay tuned and check our release notes.