Functions and Features
Infinite Scale is a complete modernization of ownCloud 10 with a new and modern three-tier architecture and several enhancements to ensure an improved experience for users and administrators. It is compatible with ownCloud 10, shares its core features and adds speed, efficiency, scalability and extended functionality.
As a multi-cloud and multi-purpose platform, it helps companies and organizations control, manage and secure data. Moreover, Infinite Scale delivers usability improvements in link and file sharing.
Spaces, one of the most powerful features of Infinite Scale, significantly simplifies digital collaboration for remote teams with a revolutionary technical approach and optimized user experience.
Improve Workflows and Collaboration with Spaces
Spaces, an elementary feature of Infinite Scale, boosts collaboration and productivity, reduces cost, speeds up onboarding of new employees and partners and significantly cuts down on administrative overhead while improving compliance, control and security.
Spaces are as simple as folders, but extremely powerful and flexible data rooms (vaults) for project and team collaboration. In Spaces, files are not tied to single user or group accounts.
At the same time, Spaces simplifies data store, protects companies, organizations or institutions from data loss. This fundamental shift of paradigm becomes possible because of the completely new architecture under the hood of Infinite Scale.
Increase Efficiency, Optimize Usability and Reduce Cost
As the name suggests, Infinite Scale elevates flexibility in classical or federated network setups to new levels, allowing infinite scalability, integrating data fabrics, networks and clouds of all sizes.
The new cloud-native approach with Go, Microservices and a new vue.js web interface helps reduce cost for both deployment and maintenance, and at the same time, allows the integration of all kinds of data sources of any size and distribution.
Infinite Scale empowers users to share data and collaboration in new and visionary ways, and at the same time, enjoy full control over links and files shared, in on-premises, hybrid or public cloud scenarios.
Focus on Users and Metadata
With Infinite Scale, the consumer takes over the central role. As a cloud-native platform, its modern architecture serves this new data consumption model by providing Data Management as a Service (DMaaS) with a unified access to data through APIs across all data silos, with multiple, individual storage backends if needed.
Infinite Scale is designed to connect these storage backends and provide a unified data access layer on top of the storage. This allows to consolidate any existing data (silos) sources, thus securing previous investments into data repositories.
Key Values of Infinite Scale:
- Gives users a modern and fast interface to work with Unified Data Access across all silos
- Is fast, flexible, transparent, user-friendly and enterprise-grade
- Allows advanced collaboration, thanks to innovative features like Spaces. Users can continue working with familiar Office tools and benefit from deep integration with advanced features for sharing and linking to files.
- Offers three powerful web office integrations: Collabora Online, OnlyOffice and MS Office Online
- Integrates with common digital workplace collaboration tools from groupware to workstream collaboration, including MS Exchange and Teams
- Supports native ownCloud clients for desktop and mobile
- Improves data security. Infinte Scale enables setting precise roles, version control and provides a trashbin, and performs automatic, asynchronous security checks (for viruses and other security policies)
- Allows auditing, branding and individual extensions
- Works seamlessly with encrypted storages
- Is perfect for environments with stringent compliance or security policies (in industry, research, critical infrastructure and wherever data privacy is involved), because rules and actions can be enforced on the data layer, without user involvement.
- Is designed to connect multiple storage backends and provide a unified data access layer on top of the storage
- Brings frameworks for event management, logging, monitoring, reporting and more
- Manages your users, single-sign-on with full and native Open ID Connect (OIDC) integration
- Brings a new role and permissions system for users that allows to differentiate users with different kinds of administrative roles or different kinds of regular users (guest, project lead, etc.)
Get a non-binding offer for ownCloud Infinite Scale
* Mandatory field
By submitting this form I agree that I want to to receive notifications and services via email, phone or personalized ads. Therefore, I agree, that ownCloud stores and uses my contact data for further information and in order to optimize and adapt the offer to my individual interests. I can revoke my consent for the future at any time, either directly via the link in emails or by email to . For further information please also see the Privacy Statement.
Infinite Scale is what you need because it is
- Energy Efficient
- Enterprise Grade and
- bringing you new and visionary methods
of collaboration and file sharing.
Latest News on Infinite Scale
ownCloud Infinite Scale is now released for general availability. Infinite Scale is a complete modernization of ownCloud 10 with a new and modern 3-tier architecture, which promises improved workflows and collaboration, optimized usability and lower costs.
Senior Product Manager Patrick Maier explains how Spaces comes as nothing less than a revolutionary new way of collaboration in modern companies, institutions or organizations. As an elementary feature of ownCloud Infinite Scale, the new cloud-native platform from ownCloud, Spaces boost collaboration, save money and significantly reduce administrative overhead while improving compliance, control and security.
Klaas Freitag, CTO, ownCloud, discusses the release of ownCloud Infinite Scale stable version for general availability.
Infinite Scale is a multi-purpose Data Platform with a focus on performance, scalability, security and governance. It helps organizations to bring data under control while significantly reducing complexity and cost to manage data.
Whether SME, large company, association or educational institution: digital collaboration poses new challenges, especially in remote teams. Spaces significantly simplifies digital collaboration with a revolutionary technical approach and optimized user experience.
We recently released the beta for Infinite Scale. And, there’s more: The alpha releases of the desktop clients and the iOS client.
Check our documentation for all details regarding our features and the technology behind.
Want to get started right away? Here is your way to go in just a few steps.
See the latest releases at a glance. Stay tuned and check our release notes.