ownCloud provides Universal File Access through a common file access layer regardless of where the data lives – in applications, object stores, on-premise storage or in the cloud. Data is kept where it is while IT is able to manage proprietary information and business risk; leveraging existing data management, security and governance tools and processes. Whether in SharePoint, on a Windows network drive or in cloud storage, users have a single interface from which they can access, sync and share files on any device, anytime, from anywhere–all completely managed, secured and controlled by IT.
File Sharing for the Enterprise – public cloud flexibility with private cloud security
- Access – Enable anywhere, anytime access from any device, regardless of where the data lives. Behind the scenes, IT can leverage existing data management, security and governance tools and processes without replication of directories, ACLs or data.
- Control – IT chooses the servers onto which ownCloud is installed and controls where all files are stored, leveraging storage across on-site storage devices, and private/hybrid cloud storage services. The wizard enables IT admins to quickly integrate ownCloud with existing Active Directory or LDAP services and ownCloud’s File Firewall provides advanced rules-driven access controls at the file level.
- Management – ownCloud integrates quickly and easily with existing authentication, authorization, logging, monitoring, database and back-up systems. In addition, ownCloud‘s open architecture, mobile libraries and APIs allow IT to rapidly extend core functionality and enhance the solution to meet special user needs.
ownCloud Enterprise Edition extends the open source core technology with value-added features, white labeled clients, certified product distributions, documentation and enterprise platform support.
See a comparison chart of features offered in the ownCloud Server and Enterprise Edition.
|Secure & Control Your Data||Manage Users & Accounts||Leave Data Where It Is|
|On your Servers – Install ownCloud on your servers, in your data center – or wherever you choose to host the software. |
Using your Storage – Leverage the storage you already have whether on-premise, cloud or hybrid. Or add the storage you choose to serve end user files.
Meet Policies with your own Administrators – Running in your data center, on your storage, complying with your policies and procedures.
AES Encryption at Rest– Secure files with native at-rest encryption provided by ownCloud on whatever backend storage you choose.
File Firewall – Define advanced rules that control access to data based on user connections, time of day, device, IP, geography and other relevant criteria.
Antivirus Scanning – Uploaded files are scanned with ClamAV, preventing the potential for automated distribution of infected files or integrate with external virus scanners.
Logging – Transparently log access, administrative actions, sharing activities and file transfers. ownCloud writes to syslog log files as well as the ownCloud log file, and can easily be set up to work with log viewers like Splunk®.
|Leverage existing user directories, Active Directory, LDAP, openLDAP – Integrate AD and LDAP directories using a wizard-style interface to define customizable attributes; configurations include new display names, home directory paths, quota and more. |
SAML Authentication – Drop ownCloud into your IT infrastructure and authenticate with your chosen identity provider. SAML-based Shibboleth federated authentication allows single sign on (SSO) across the globe.
Integrate with your existing Backup Solutions – Easily move ownCloud user accounts and files between ownCloud instances and have a backup ready when you need it.
Provisioning API – Integrate the automated provisioning API with existing data center tools, allowing external systems to trigger authenticated user provisioning and reporting activities.
Custom Branding – Make ownCloud look and feel like the rest of your site. Replace standard fonts, colors and icons with your brand on mobile, desktop and web interfaces.
|Application Integration – Use the ownCloud APIs to integrate file sharing with your favorite applications, or leverage ownCloud’s out-of-the-box integration with SharePoint, Jive® or Windows network drives. |
Federated Cloud Sharing – Collaborate between users on one ownCloud installation with users on a separate ownCloud installation while each server maintains its respective security and governance protocols.
Integrate with existing Home Directories – Easily integrate ownCloud with existing user home directories, making sync and share a seamless extension of existing user storage.
External Storage –Mount Dropbox, Swift, FTPs, Google Docs, S3 and external WebDAV servers as secondary storage out-of-the-box.
Flexible API – Publicly defined APIs make creating applications for ownCloud simple, enabling add-on functions a stable integration point.
WebDAV – Access your files through ownCloud using an open, industry standard protocol used by many applications from the desktop to mobile devices.
Mobile Libraries – Access ownCloud’s internal functions, resources and events directly from your custom mobile applications.
Sharing and Activity Stream APIs – Extend ownCloud with custom functionality through APIs that expose ownCloud’s file sharing and activity events.
ownCloud is the choice of organizations across the globe. Their stories highlight the flexible and secure ways that ownCloud is deployed.Customer Stories
Get additional details about ownCloud features and supporting resources:
Minimum System Requirements
- Server: PHP: 5.4 or 5.5 required
- Debian 7
- RHEL / Centos 6.5 and 7
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and 14.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 14.10
- SLES 11 sp3; 12
- Webserver: Apache
- Databases: MySQL 5.1 or higher; PostgreSQL 9.1.14 or higher; Oracle 11g+ (Oracle is Enterprise Subscription only)
- Apache: 2.4
- Hypervisors: Hyper-V, VMware ESX, Xen, KVM